Porch Pick Up
When can I pick up my items?
All pick ups must be scheduled in advance. Porch Pick Up is available when the library is open. The last of pick up slot will be 30 minutes before closing.
Who can use Porch Pick Up?
All current Avalon Library card holders may request items for Porch Pick Up. If you need a card or need to renew your card, use this form or give us a call at 609-967-7155.
What can I borrow?
Up to 25 items per cardholder. Larger items such as Discovery Kits and Bakeware, can be borrowed, but must be returned inside.
How does Porch Pick Up work?
- Reserve items via the catalog online or by calling 609-967-7155.
- Once your items become available you will be notified and have the chance to select a pick up window, either via a link in your email hold notice or when we call to notify you of the hold. You will only be able to pick up your items during your selected window. Need to change it? Give us a call.
- When you arrive during your Pick Up time, park in the library parking lot and enter the Library's porch.
- Check the counter to the left of the door for a bag with your name.
- Check the items to confirm they are correct. If you have any issues, give us a call 609-967-7155 or speak with a staff member.
Can I send someone to pick up my items?
Our Porch Pick Up is contactless so ID is not required. You may pick up items for multiple cards, but must schedule a pick up for each card holder.
How do I reserve items?
You can reserve items via the catalog or by calling 609-967-7155.
What if I no longer want to check out the items I have on hold?
Please call 609-967-7155 and press 2 for the circulation desk.
Will there be fines?
The Library Trustees have suspended overdue fines for library materials. We ask that you return items as promptly as possible to allow other patrons access as soon as possible. Hotspots may be deactivated if kept beyond the due date.
Where do I return items?
You may return items via the drive-up/walk-up drop boxes, which have 24-hour access, or return items inside during Library hours.
How do I renew my library card online?
All library cards must be renewed every two years. You can use this form to renew or give us a call at 609-967-7155.