- Avalon History Center
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Cape May County & Avalon Vaccine Updates
Below are local updates we think patrons might find helpful. As the situation is evolving quickly, please note that information may change. As new information is found, it will be added at the beginning of the list and dated.
- VACCINE ELIGIBILITY EXPANDS APRIL 5
Those 55 and older will soon be eligible for COVID vaccine in N.J., Governor Murphy announces. A full list can be found here. Source: nj.com 3/26/21 https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2021/03/those-55-and-older-will-soon-be-e...
- MORE LOCAL CVS STORES OFFERING COVID-19 VACCINE
A number of CMC CVS locations are now offering the vaccine, including Sea Isle City, Ocean City, Marmora, West Cape May, in addition to the Villas location. Check for availability here by selecting New Jersey. Source: nj.com 3/5/21 https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2021/03/cvs-opens-up-more-than-100-new-st...
- VACCINE ELIGIBILTY EXPANDING IN NEW JERSEY ON MARCH 15.
On March 1, Governor Murphy announced the expansion of eligibility for New Jersey's COVID-19 Vaccination Program. Learn more here. Source: covid19.nj.gov 3/2/21
- VILLAS CVS INCLUDED IN NJ LOCATIONS FOR VACCINE DISTRIBUTION
The CVS location in the Villas is scheduling appointments for COVID-19 vaccines. As of 10:20am they are fully booked, but check back regularly for added appointments. Source: Patch 2/11/21 https://patch.com/new-jersey/tomsriver/27-cvs-pharmacies-nj-give-out-cov...
- ATLANTIC CITY MEGA SITE OFFERS TIME FRAMES FOR APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING
A message on the Atlanticare vaccine scheduling site reports that vaccine appointment scheduling will be available weekly on the following days and times: Tuesdays at 3 p.m., Thursdays at 6 p.m., Saturdays at 9 a.m. PLEASE NOTE: As there is very high demand, users often enter a queue and only a selection will have the opportunity to make an appointment. Source: Atlantic County Regional Vaccination Site 2/9/21 vaccination.atlanticare.org
- 2ND CAPE MAY COUNTY VACCINE SITE IDENTIFIED, NOT OPEN FOR APPOINTMENTS YET
According to a release, Lower Township Mayor Frank Sippel announced that the site will in Lower Township, at Lower Cape May Regional High School's field house. However, this site is not yet open and cannot open until the county receives an increase of vaccines from the state. Source: Cape May County Herald 1/28/21 https://www.capemaycountyherald.com/news/article_68e16306-6194-11eb-952e...
- BOROUGH OF AVALON RELEASES INFORMATION ABOUT A COUNTY COVID PHONE HOTLINE
The County has also established a hot line for which members of the public may call in questions; the number is 609-463-6581. This hotline is for vaccine/Covid questions, and cannot be used to schedule a vaccination appointment. Source: Borough of Avalon website 1/27/21 https://avalonboro.net/avalon-community-hall-established-as-vaccination-...
- REGISTRATION LINK FOR LOCAL ATLANTIC CITY MEGA SITE IS LIVE (NO APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE AS OF 1/26)
Visit https://vaccination.atlanticare.org/ to schedule an appointment for eligible individuals at the vaccination site in Atlantic City. Source: NJ State COVID-19 Information Hub 1/26/21 https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/covid-19-vaccine-locations-for-eligible-rec...
- STATE CALL CENTER OPEN FOR PHONE REGISTRY ON JANUARY 25
The number is 855-568-0545 and will operate from 9 am to 9 pm daily, according to the notice on the NJ COVID-19 web page. Please note: Library users have shared that the new phone registry is not yet functioning as expected. Source: Cape May County Health Department 1/25/21 https://capemaycountynj.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1103
- CMC HEALTH DEPT IS PREPARING TO OPEN A 2ND VACCINE SITE
This site will open when additional doses of the vaccine are available in the County. Source: Cape May County Herald 1/21/21 https://www.capemaycountyherald.com/news/government/article_0e9929e4-5bf...
- PHONE SCHEDULING ALTERNATIVE TO ONLINE VACCINE REGISTRY COMING SOON TO CMC
A phone line will be coming next week to assist individuals who are not technologically savvy to sign up for the COVID-19 vaccine. The phone line will not be active until sometime next week but will be activated by New Jersey Health Department. This will allow those individuals in need of additional help to call and get assistance to sign up for the vaccine. The phone number will be 855-568-0545. The Cape May County Health Department will send another reminder out when the phone line becomes active. Source: Cape May County Herald 1/21/21 https://www.capemaycountyherald.com/news/government/article_6c53055e-5b8...
- LOCAL MEGA SITE UPDATE
The COVID-19 vaccine mega site in Atlantic City is scheduled to open Friday, January 22. Source: Press of Atlantic City 1/20/21 https://pressofatlanticcity.com/news/local/atlantic-city-convention-cent...
- COMMUNITY HALL ANNOUNCED AS CMC COVID-19 VACCINATION SITE
Community Hall in Avalon was recently announced as an official CMC Health Department vaccination site (it was previously open to health care workers and first responders). No one can make an appointment or receive the vaccine by going to or calling Community Hall. Currently, the only way appointments at Community Hall will be available is if the individual registers via the State of NJ vaccine registry site, is eligible, and then receives an email confirming they can make an appointment at one of the listed locations. If there are available appointments at that time at Community Hall, they can schedule it then via the source in the email. Source: Cape May County Herald 1/19/21 https://www.capemaycountyherald.com/news/government/article_ca1f10f6-5a9...
New Jersey COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- NJ State Vaccine Registry link: https://covidvaccine.nj.gov/
Click here to register for the vaccine is you live or work in NJ. You will receive two messages. One confirming your registration and then another with information about scheduling an appointment when you are eligible. Please note: many of the appointment scheduling emails have been delayed even though registrants are currently eligible.
- List of vaccine site locations: https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/covid-19-vaccine-locations-for-eligible-rec...
Check back regularly as this site gets updated. Appointment scheduling info is included for sites that permit self-scheduling, such as ShopRite.
- Who is currently eligible to schedule an appointment for the vaccine: https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/nj-information/slowing-the-spread/who-is-eli...
NOTE: We’ve heard from some patrons who said they thought they weren’t eligible until they received an email from the State to schedule an appointment. This isn’t true. If you fall into one of the categories listed in the link above, you are eligible to schedule an appointment. However, the email from the state is currently the only way to schedule an appointment for certain public health vaccine sites such as the CMC Health Department and Avalon’s Community Hall. We are hopeful those emails will be delivered more quickly as more doses become available.
Library and History Center Services during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Porch Pick Up is also available during all open hours.
We're open 7 days a week, with limited services.
- Monday - Friday 10am-6pm
- Saturday & Sunday 10am to 1pm
Porch Pick Up (contactless borrowing) is available during all open hours.
History Center Hours
- Monday-Friday 10am-4pm
- Saturday 10am-1pm
- Masks are required for entry.
- Visits are currently limited to 20 minutes each.
- We are limiting occupancy per New Jersey State requirements and to support social distancing.
- In addition to browsing for materials, patrons will have access to public computers, scan/fax, and copier service, with sessions limited 15 minutes.
- Tech help and programs are still virtual only.
- No public meeting space or seating is available.
- See the full guidelines on our Library FAQ page.
Don't forget, we’re still offering a variety of resources you can enjoy remotely!
- Digital Library (Borrow eBooks, audiobooks, streaming movies & TV, newspapers, magazines, and more!)
- Remote Programming (Have you caught an Online Story Time or registered for a Book Club yet?)
- Remote Help (Use the form for questions or to make an appointment.)
- Wi-Fi (Did you know our wireless internet extends to the porch and parking lot?)