- Avalon History Center
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
The Avalon Free Public Library began offering contactless borrowing via Porch Pick Up Monday, June 22. This service allows patrons to borrow library materials without entering the building. The library entered Phase 3 of its Reopening Plan on June 22. Read more about the library’s phased plan for reopening here.
Pickup times will occur from 10am-6pm Monday through Friday and 10am-1pm on Saturday and Sunday. All pick ups must be scheduled in advance. The last pick up slot each day will be 30 minutes before closing.
- The library will limit pickups to 10 items per patron each day.
- You may pick up items from multiple cards.
- All items must be returned via the outside drop boxes. Returns will be quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in.
- The library is not accepting material donations at this time.
- Place items on hold. Go to www.avalonfreelibrary.org to search the library catalog or call 609-967-7155 to request an item.
- When your item is ready, staff will be in touch to schedule a pick up. Pick ups can also be scheduled via a link in your emailed hold notice. Times are staggered to support social distancing.
- When it’s time for your pick up, come to the library and head to the table on the porch to pick up your items. Please wear a mask and follow social distancing protocol when picking up items.
Don't forget, we’re still offering a variety of resources you can enjoy remotely!
- Digital Library (Borrow eBooks, audiobooks, streaming movies & TV, newspapers, magazines, and more!)
- Remote Programming (Have you caught an Online Story Time or registered for a Book Club yet?)
- Remote Help (Use the form for questions or to make an appointment.)
- Wi-Fi (Did you know our wireless internet extends to the porch and parking lot?)