- Avalon History Center
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
The Avalon Free Public Library and History Center are temporarily closed. We will continue to evaluate the situation and share updates here.
The health and safety of our staff and patrons is our priority. Based on recommendations from public health officials regarding public gathering, and the temporary closure of Cape May County Schools, we feel this decision is the best step to help limit transmission of COVID-19 in our community.
Please do not return items to the Library while we are closed. Due dates for borrowed materials will automatically be extended, no late fines will be assessed.
Things to Know About COVID-19:
- How is it spread?
- Through droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- Close personal contact, such as caring for an infected person.
- What are the symptoms?
- Difficulty Breathing
- What can I do to protect myself and others from respiratory infections like novel coronavirus?
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Limit close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
For more information, visit these resources:
- CMC Health Department: https://capemaycountynj.gov/226/Health-Department
- NJ Department of Health: https://www.nj.gov/health/
- CDC, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Don't forget that the library offers a variety of resources to allow you access to ebooks, audiobooks, movies, TV shows, newspapers and more, all available online 24/7 and completely free. Click here to find out more about them.