Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
The History Center has several ongoing initiatives to collect and preserve Avalon’s history. Click on any of the buttons below to read more!
- Did you attend the 26th Street Schoolhouse? We'd love to hear about it!
- Avalon’s old houses are among its best historic resources. History Center staff visit and photograph as many pre-1965 homes as possible.
- The History Center has a collection of thousands of papers, photos, and artifacts related to Avalon’s history.
- An Oral History project captures the voices of Avalon’s lifelong residents on tape.
- The History Center is supported by the Avalon Historical Society, which funds programs and collections, and holds popular annual events such as a Historic House Tour, Clamshell Pitching Competition, and Holiday Party.